Ok, I lied, I was going to make the Inside Out Carrot Cake, but I had an attack of nostalgia for these instead. I used to make them as a kid during the summer. There is a batch cooling on my kitchen counter right now.
No Bake Chocolate Haystacks
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (or 1/2 cup margarine)
1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
1.In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, cocoa (I tend to go a little heavy on the cocoa) and salt.
2. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
3. When it has reached a rolling boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove pan from heat and mix in vanilla, oats and coconut.
5. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
6. Work quickly!
7. Let cool.